Dua Law Firm Legal Studies Scholarship
Dua Law Firm, a family law, traffic, and criminal defense law firm in Fairfax, VA, is dedicated to maintaining active participation in the discourse of law and promoting justice across the nation. We believe that everyone has the right to exceptional legal protection, and we support this goal with every case we take on.
In the interest of supporting widespread access to fair and expert legal protection, we look to the future set of legal professionals: law students. We are offering a $750 scholarship to a college or university student who is pursuing a degree in the legal field and demonstrates interest and participation in the legal industry.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- The applicant must be enrolled in a legal program of study at an accredited college or university in the United States.
- The applicant must be in good academic standing and have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- The applicant must show active participation in the legal field by evidence of volunteer work, extracurricular activities, professional experiences, and other relevant activities.
- A 750-word essay responding to the following question: What inspired you to pursue a career in the legal field?
- An up-to-date resume or a list of your legal related experience
- A current unofficial transcript from applicant’s most recent educational facility, whether it’s a college/university or high school.
To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must send the above application materials by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to submit this scholarship is August 31, 2020*.
*Terms & Conditions Apply
- The award recipient will be notified by e-mail. If the recipient does not respond within 30 days, we will select another awardee.
- Not all applicants will be notified if they are not chosen for this award. We are sorry we cannot reply to everyone due to the volume of applicants.
- If there are no quality submissions, we reserve the right to not select an award recipient. We hope there will be a deserving candidate.
- Any applicant information submitted will not be sold or transferred. Info submitted will be used solely for selecting a deserving candidate based on their essay and meeting the selection criteria.